Not. I get to spend my fall break holed up in the 'boro, which is totally cool because there's so much stuff to do here. (Haha, see how I did that? I took an obviously untrue statement and made it look like it was true! And it's funny because it's all sarcastic! Oh, am I not a constant source of comedic genius?) Well, it is rather nice to be up at 11:18 on a Sunday night not worrying about school the next morning or berating myself for not going to bed earlier. I did do something (vaguely) useful today; I finally read two of the books that I got from the library ages upon ages ago. Yeah, I read TWO books. In one day. And I'm not talking little kid's picture books, either! These are legit 300 page books! TAKE THAT, librarian from elementary school who wouldn't let me check out Black Beauty because it was "past my grade level". Yeah.
Anyway, for fall break I get to stay home and sleep. Maybe. If my parents can be bothered to recognize my requirements for sleep as a teenager and not force me to get up at ungodly hours, like my dad likes to do some Saturdays. He'll send up a little brother to slam open the door as loudly as possible, scream in a high, shrill, little-kid-voice "GET UP, KAFRIN!! GET UP!!!!" and if I'm lucky and it's Ian, he'll start clapping loudly and obnoxiously if I don't spring out of bed immediately. And then my dad will start to yell up the stairs for me to come down and make breakfast for my little brothers, or worse, help him make breakfast or some other menial chore.
Well...they said something this morning on the way home from church about maybe ending up going somewhere. But I really doubt we'll actually go anywhere besides Evansville, maybe, and the only reason I'd get to go is to keep my mom company while she plays SAG wagon for my dad and brothers while they're on a bike ride. Don't ask what a SAG wagon is, because I don't know what the letters stand for. But it's basically a person who drives around after the cyclists, with energy bars and extra water bottles and such in the car and picks them up if they get a flat or it's too hot or they're just whiny little brats, like my 13 year old brother. I really loathe it, but we might get to stop off for an hour or two at the mall while they're having fun terrorizing the town with the sight of their spandex-clad legs. Buuuuut I doubt it.
It is so boring not being able to afford a vacation. I've long since learned to stop whining about not going to Florida for every break like pretty much everyone else in Owensboro does, but we haven't even been to St. Louis in forever. My dad has some friends near there, and we visit a few times a year, but not lately. Well, I'd be bored the whole time anyway because all they ever do is sit around and talk about the old days or people they met in Europe before my parents were even married. Sorry, mom and dad, but I really don't find it interesting. And the worst part is that we never even go into the city and do anything. We've gone to the zoo a couple of times, and I like that, but that's it. I always want to go to the City Museum, or to actually go do something--woah.
I've been listening to music I have on my laptop, and it was on a playlist, and I just realized what song was playing. I totally listened to "Hide and Seek" without even realizing it. I love when I do that--when I zone out about something and then don't realize I was zoned out until a little bit later. It's like going to sleep, but getting something done in the process. Sometimes I'll do that while playing the Star Spangled Banner before a football game. It's probably disrespectful, but I've played it so. Many. Times. It just gets tedious, so I kind of zone out and think about what I'm going to do after the football game. (Which usually involves going home and sleeping, unlike most of my friends who hang out together for hours after. But their parents aren't super-strict parents who yell at you for actually hanging out with friends. I'm going to go through a LOT of therapy because of them.) But then I kind of wake up and notice that we're playing the last note and I'm like "...Cool, that's over with."
Well, this was definitely one of my more random posts. And it took me exactly 40 minutes to write. 'Cos it's 11:48 now.
No comments:
Post a Comment