Words cannot express how much I want the canopy for that bed. Like, if I was to get one present this year for Christmas...well, ok, I'd still ask for a magical wallet or superpowers (but I'd get to pick) or a unicorn, BUT I really love this thing. It's so cool...I mean, it's got STARS on it. At least, I think that's what they are. Anyway, I stumbled on it while procrastinating my biology vocab words. But they're done now! Promise!
So I'm a huge Glee fan, and tonight I watched the latest episode online. And now I'm obsessed with Lea Michele's version of "Papa, Can You Hear Me?" Barbra Streisand (of course) originally sang it in Yentl, which is just a cool name for a movie. I've never seen it but if it's a musical, I really want to.
I have absolutely no reason to love musicals, because they're completely unrealistic. Five hundred people breaking into perfectly choreographed dance, all while perfectly singing the words to a song they've NEVER heard before? Goodbye, reality! But nevertheless, I'm a sucker for them. And Glee is my biggest weakness. It's my sort-of-guilty-pleasure-but-not-really. ANYHOO.
The song she(Rachel) sings is really beautiful. I'm not particularly religious--I go to church because my parents make me and I call myself Catholic for lack of a better option--but I still love the song. Interestingly enough, though, this time it's not just the music that I like. I actually like the lyrics, too--the imagery is beautiful. But see, if these words were just written out on a page and called poetry, I'd hate it. It has to be set to music for me to get it/appreciate it. I absolutely loathe most poetry--it's much too...oh, I can't even find the word. It's too left for interpretation, and too deep. It's just so pretentious, with its funny line breaks and conventional unconventional-ism. Like, "I'm poetry. You can't judge me because I'm art." But it's exactly what everyone else does! It's not unique.
I do like haikus, though. And Shel Silverstein-type poetry. But I'll pass on the red wheelbarrow, ok?
Yay, long post. I love when I go on semi-rants and they actually kind of make sense.
Edit: the picture's from IKEA, by the way.

Thanks for making your writing fun to read!
ReplyDelete