Monday, August 23, 2010

Dreams

In my Psychology class, we had to keep a dream journal for a week and write down all the dreams we had in a week. I had only two that I remember. 
In the first one, my dad was the new principal at Apollo. As a welcome present, he got a giant blue swordfish that was really a boat. We went out the the river (except not the Ohio or the Green, some random river. But it was like tropical--all blue and clear and pretty.) And then he let me drive/ride it. It was fun.

And then, in the other dream, I was a secret agent in Russia or something and I was trying to escape from the good guys (I was a bad guy) and I got caught. But then I was living at my house with a family of talking elephants. I don't think I liked the mother elephant that much. They decided to go to try and live at the Africa-themed Busch Gardens, so they could live a more "natural" life. They were also scared because there had been terrible storms and flooding around our area so they wanted to get out before it got worse. When they left, though, they left their newborn baby. It was so sad, just standing there looking at its mom and dad, and so I got really mad at the mother elephant for leaving her baby. (Side note: I often have super-long, epic dreams where the different parts totally don't relate to each other.) And THEN, I was a student at a spy academy, where you would go to learn how to be a spy, and I was about to graduate, when the school was taken over by some bad guys or something. And the part I was most upset about was that when students graduated from this academy, they got these huge blocks of candy that were like giant, square lollipops without a stick. But the school was destroyed before I got mine, which made me mad.

I don't know if I think that dreams mean something or not. I mean, I could see how some people would get meaning out of the dreams. Like, I drove the Suburban the other day with my dad so that could relate to the giant swordfish. But other than that, it just seems like random stuff.

I have weird dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment