- Computer
- Clothes dryer. I discovered that this morning, when I went to get my clothes out and found that they smelled like something died in the dryer. Unfortunately, almost all of my clothes were in there.
- Air conditioner. It's gone wonky for some reason. The reason is probably that it's as old as I am, so it's either boiling in my house or freezing cold.
- My grades. They suck. Not as badly as they could, but I'm still struggling.
- My mental state. I don't know why, but I've been so down lately. Maybe it's the post-prom depression, because I spent forever thinking about it and planning for it and talking about it, and now it's over (and it wasn't much fun in the first place) but I don't think so. I'm disappointed with my life in its entirety at the moment. I have no social life, my face looks like a pizza, I hate my job, etc.
- Speaking of my face, my acne medicine is not working. Like I said, maybe it's all the stress I've dealt with lately, what with AP testing and prom and then continuing to worry about my lack of a social life. It probably doesn't help that I pick at them a lot, but I look like I've got a pound of raw beef for a face. Ok, not that extreme, but that's what it feels like. Especially when I wake up late/don't care about my appearance for the day and pull my hair back into an unflattering ponytail that shows off my forehead in all its zitty glory.
Prom was Saturday, and it was...interesting.
EDIT: So I finally came back to this post. Prom was May 7, and it was fun, I guess. See, I didn't have a date, but I went with a group of friends. And of course, that was fun when I wasn't worrying about how I looked in my strapless dress, which was a bad decision. Let's just say that next year I'll be wearing a dress with straps. Not that any serious wardrobe malfunctions happened, but they were lurking on the edge of possibility all night and that would have been awful. Anyway, we met up at one of the group member's church beforehand to take pictures, before taking the trek out into the boonies to the house of the senior girl in the group, who was giving a dinner before. Pictures were fun, but of course I looked terrible in all of them. Or I think I do, anyway. But then we got to Hannah's house and OMG she has a trampoline. So what did we all do? Jump on it. In our dresses. There are some interesting pictures of that on Facebook, I'll tell you that. But dinner was great, and then we headed out to the dance. Once we got there, they hadn't started letting people in yet, so we stood outside and squealed over how pretty everyone looked, and I envied every girl who had a date to stand with, but not as much as I did when they played slow songs and I had to slink out onto the balcony, feeling very "Forever Alone". In the beginning, I didn't want to dance because I was feeling self-conscious and stupid, and because my infinitely cool brother was dancing a group over with his infinitely cool friends, and I just felt like everyone was carefully watching who I was dancing with, how I was dancing, and all that stuff that nobody actually notices or cares about. But I got over that, and about halfway through, when I came to terms with the fact that Darren Criss was not in fact going to come bursting through the doors, singing his heart out, and simultaneously sweep me off my feet and propose marriage, I started to have a good time. I was dancing, I was laughing, I was having fun. It was all good towards the end, when they played decent music that everyone could dance to.
My comments on the dancing style at prom? Let's see...I think this sums it up: The "Let's See How Close We Can Get Our Naughty Bits Without Actually Having Intercourse!" was highly popular, as was the "Let's Slam Our Hips Together and Generally Make Fools Of Ourselves!". But oh well, such is the norm with teenagers today.
But all in all, it was fun and I want to go next year. Maybe. (With a dress with straps. I'm thinking a tea-length retro number, with the same shoes I want to wear to graduation (my graduation, that is)):
Loverly peacock pumps from www.shopplasticland.com

No comments:
Post a Comment