Monday, November 15, 2010

Space and the Earth and stuff

That powerpoint with all the pictures of the Earth from space was really cool. I love pictures of space and the Earth from space. I'd love to be able to actually go out into space and look at all that stuff, but I couldn't ever be an astronaut because I'm terrible at math and science and physics and everything. But it would be so cool to see our planet from that perspective. From up in space, it looks peaceful and green and blue and beautiful, but down on the ground it's all nasty and gray and brown a lot.
I think it would be cool just to go exploring in space, too. I really envy people back in the 1500's and 1600's, when they were starting to explore the rest of the world and there were still places that nobody had ever been before. They would go out on these trips to find out what was out there. Even if the trips were all for money and trade and stuff, they still got to see places and people that nobody from their world had seen before. But now, everything is settled and commercialized and there's not anything that's untouched, really. Except down really deep in the oceans, and all that's supposed to be down there is a bunch of chemicals and bacteria. But out in space, nobody's really been to all the places they can see with cameras and telescopes and whatnot.

No comments:

Post a Comment