Sometimes, I'll be procrastinating on my French homework and I'll stumble across a funny blog. It seems to always be some post-grad chick living it up in a city writing about her AWESOME life. I like reading because, well, it's what I want to be doing in a few years, but I'm so tired of waiting for it to happen; and by "it", I mean my life. There's nothing I can do to change my life now, because I'm 16 years old and a junior in high school. I'm always waiting--waiting to get the grade on my test back, waiting to hear back from the store I just applied to for a job, waiting for senior year to get here so I can go ahead and get the ball rolling for college. Waiting for everything. I'm not a very patient person--I'm used to being able to go get what I want if I want it then, instead of waiting for it to be given to me, but I can't do that with my life. I can't hurry time up and get the rest of junior year out of the way, even though I want to. I can't hurry up and get senior year out of the way--I have to go through it all. It's like driving: you can't turn early and get the turn over with while you're on the straight part of the road. You have to wait until you get there and then turn while you're there, passing through.
In a way, I can't understand why anyone would want to be young like this again, because it sucks to have no freedom and choices, but in a way, I can. Growing up is frightening--whether you're turning 18 or 45. It's always a new experience, and that's scary because it's unknown. So people say they wish they were younger, because that age is familiar and known. You remember what it was like to be that age, but you don't know what it's like to be older because you've never been as old as you are now. It's a new experience every second of every day, and the change is kind of unsettling.
No comments:
Post a Comment