I don't think that there is a perfect personality. I don't think there is a perfect anything, really. Even if something looks perfect, it has to be flawed in some way or it wouldn't be real. Everything has a flaw, but it's the flaw(s) that make whatever it is, be it a flower or a person or a community, real. I don't think that this is a bad thing, because it gives us something to constantly strive for. If we weren't seeking perfection, we would just sit around all day, never trying to better ourselves. People need to accept the fact that they're not, and never will be, perfect, but accepting and admitting that fact doesn't make it ok for you to act like a jerk. I mean, if you're a jerk, admit it, and try to do something about it. Admitting that you're a jerk, or that you're sexist or racist or whatever doesn't make it ok, which seems to be what a lot of people think. You have to try to not be a sexist or racist or a jerk, or whatever it is that you're bad about. Simply admitting the fact doesn't change it.
Huh. Guess I kind of went off on a tangent there. Oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment