Thursday, August 11, 2011

Oh nooooo

Once again...I'm blogging instead of doing my pre-calc homework. Although instead of messing around on YouTube, this time I was pretending I was rich and went on the Ulta website and added anything I wanted to the order basket. I think I got up to $550 before I was done. Something like 25 or 30 nail polishes, an expensive straightener, a mini hair dryer, a new curling iron (all purple, of course), some hot-oil deep conditioning hair treatments for my mom to try, a toning/slimming cream that was called FatGirlSlim so of course I had to get it. Oh, and a thermal pouch for the straightener. And some cool-looking dry shampoo and bronzer and a lipgloss and some sunscreen, I think. It was actually kind of fun, not thinking "Nah, don't get that, it's too much money." At first I was semi-realistic about it. You know, going for the $3 nail polish instead of the $14 nail polish. But then, I thought, "Why not?" I mean, it's not like I can actually buy any of it. It's not like it's going to be magically charged to my mom's card because I clicked "add to cart". I've never done that before. It was kind of fun.
Crap. I'm getting another zit on my chin. It's one of those nasty under-the-skin ones that will never come to the surface but instead lurk beneath and cause me great pain and anxiety. Hahaha...lurking. That's such a funny word. It's one of those that should sound just nasty, like moist and yeast and squat, but I love it anyway. Speaking of lurking, there's been a bit of corn lurking in between my teeth since dinner time and it's driving me absolutely crazy. Urgh. Oh, speaking again of lurking, a bit of draaaama happened today at ye olde marching band practice. I am now the sole horn player. Let me break it down: one switched to baritone to balance out the section because two of them (the baritones) quit, leaving one freshman. The second horn player quit supposedly because her mom wants her to quit because she's going to be in some female relative's wedding and she would miss several contests for "dress fittings", but I think it's because she got mad when the band director told her to go back outside on the field after she sat inside for 40 minutes because she was hot. You know what? It's marching band, in Kentucky, in August. I'd be more worried if it wasn't hot. I mean, she wears dark, heavy clothing to outside practice. She has long, dark hair that she keep continually down around her shoulders and face. She's really pale and skinny and frail-looking anyway, but she refuses to wear lighter clothing and put her hair up and wear a hat, like the director has been harping on since day one. I don't wear a hat at practice, but I have blonde hair and I'm rather sturdy and, perhaps most importantly, I know what I'm doing. I wear shorts and a light shirt and put my hair up and I get lovely and tan. Heat doesn't affect me that badly, so I guess I'm lucky. Or maybe I'm just not a dumbass. Anyway, the third horn player quit because she got a job and apparently she just couldn't work in practices around  her super-strenuous work schedule. But wait! This is the girl who showed up to practice today and sat and watched on the sidelines. Yeah, you read that right. She quit because of her job and then sat at practice doing nothing. (This is where the lurking comes in.) It made me so mad. She said she was waiting on her greasy boyfriend, because he's also in band and I guess was giving her a ride home or wherever. But the fact that she had the balls to come outside and watch the band she should have been participating in just infuriated me, and I told her as much on break. She stormed off the parking lot, and according to a reliable report from my favorite freshman, was bad-mouthing me in the band room afterwards and even said something about her crying because of it. I hope she did. She had no right to sit there and watch when she had just quit because she wasn't going to be able to show up at practice. I mean, does anyone else understand this massive hypocrisy? It's just so blatantly nasty that I could gladly...er...not say anything because of events that recently happened involving a Facebook photo of a rude text, some threatening comments on said photo regarding the sender of said text, said sender's parents, and the school disciplinarian. Nasty stuff all around, and I'm really glad I avoided it. I should really get on that pre-calc homework, because last night I stayed up until 1AM for absolutely no reason other than I was distracted by YouTube videos. It was terrible, and I nearly died dragging my ass out of bed this morning.
Wow. It's amazing how much I write on this thing now that I don't have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment